Lemons are powerful punch citrus fruit having oval, round in shape and yellow in color. It is used as raw fruit, juice, peel, extract oil and for culinary and medicinal purpose also. It is acidic in taste and helps alkaline forming in the body. Lemon juice is not only tasty but also replenishes and rehydrates our body. Lemons are the richest source of Vitamin C, potassium and phosphorus. It also contains vitamin A, Vitamin B1, B2, Folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, niacin, panthoetic acid, magnesium, calcium, sodium, iron, selenium, manganese, copper and zinc, which provides various health benefits to our body. So check out the amazing and numerous health benefits of lemons as follows:
- Due to citrus fruit in nature, helps to treat infections like the flu and colds. Due to acidic effect, it also helps the body in alkaline forming of fluid to balance the pH level.
- Lemon juice helps to liquefy the bile, detoxify the liver, kidney and digestive system if it’s taken with warm water in the early morning. It also helps to treat the constipation, heartburn, bloating, belching and stomach upset problem and keeps digestion fit.
- Lemon juice massage on the gum helps to stop the bleeding and get rid of the pain. It also helps to stop the bad breath also.
- It is also used in many hair care treatments like scalp, hair fall and dandruff. It is a natural hair shine also.
- Lemon juice is antiseptic in nature, so it is also used in skin treatments like eczema and sun burns. It also helps to cure acne, wrinkles and blackheads if applied as a face-pack to mixed with honey.
- Its juice acts as a cooling agent if applied on the burning skin and also decrease the sensation of burning and remove the scars.
- Due to diuretic in nature, it can help to treat rheumatism and arthritis. It also helps to pass out the harmful bacteria and toxins to increase the rate of urination and purify the blood.
- A glass of water with Lemon juice and honey, helps to lose weight if taken in empty stomach in the early morning. It can kill intestinal worms.
- The presence of vitamin C and potassium helps to prevent from high blood pressure and also speed up our brain and nerve functions.
- Due to rich in vitamin C helps the body in absorption of calcium in food intakes to prevent osteoporosis. Lemon juice drinking with warm water is good for pregnant women to make the bones in the unborn child.
- It is a powerful antibacterial which helps to prevent from malaria, cholera, diphtheria and typhoid.
- It also helps to decrease the amount of phlegm in the body & protect from sore throats and tonsillitis. It has the power to break the gallstones, kidney stones and pancreatic stones.
In brief Lemons are very useful and healthy fruit for us. So make a habit to add it in our daily intakes either raw or any other form. Lemons have many other health benefits like cancer protection, gastric problems, treatment for diphtheria, insomnia and sleep disorders, Parkinson’s disease, eye disorder, respiratory disorders, foot relaxation, corn treatment, internal bleeding remove tiredness and much more. If you know more health benefits of lemons, then please share your knowledge with us to serve other better.